Our client is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. They are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. They create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and they provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.
Your Team responsibilities
You’re a team of 30-40, developing a client-facing, next-generation indexing experience. We’re linked with clients and a broad variety of internal teams. We work in short agile sprints to keep ourselves aligned with business goals. We own our timeline and take a key role in setting up the project’s agenda.
Your key responsibilities
- You will work in a focused team, developing an Index Simulation engine exposed via a web application.
- You will build a web application which provides first class user experience to customers
- You will take part in the evolution of this complex toolkit.
- You will figure out ways to display and manipulate large amounts of data.
- You will coordinate with closely cooperating teams to ensure seamless delivery.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Experience of 3-5 years in web development
- You have solid understanding of React and know its best practices and its dev culture
- You like clean code and automated testing
- You’re familiar with distributed systems (prior exposure to the financial domain is beneficial)
- You have a DevOps mindset: you’re aware that your code will run in Azure
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving aptitude
- You’re able to set your own agenda, and can play well in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and motivation to constantly improve the product
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes