One of our best clients is looking for a senior Full Stack PHP/Drupal 8 Developer to help them build modern digital platforms.
The work involves building and customizing a highly interactive and modern web application and API (i.e. both front- and back-end) with Drupal 8.
Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for the technical design and construction of the components of our Drupal-based web applications, including the functional and technical analysis, Data modeling, custom Drupal modules development, customizing previously developed modules, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all Drupal component, PHP, and database functions.
Responsibilities & duties
- Architecting complex, enterprise Drupal-based systems
- Working with Drupal 8, Drush, Drupal Console, Composer, and JSONAPI
- Writing custom Drupal 8 modules using Drupal coding standards, tools and techniques
- Taking ownership of features and ensuring the highest quality code is delivered
- Contributing ideas and efforts toward internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions to various technical problems
- Conducting web application security and performance analysis, and implement enhancements using Drupal best practices and webservers’ tools and techniques.
Academic & trades qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
Desirable, not a deal-breaker if you do not have it, but would be nice:
- Acquia Certifications
- Experience working with NodeJS, ReactJS, and React Native
- Experience working with MongoDB
- Experience with Acquia Cloud hosting, and Omega8 BOA
Work experience & skills:
- A minimum of five years of Drupal 8 programming experience is required
- Experience in Drupal front-end development, Twig templates, Bootstrap 3/4, and jQuery
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL/SQLite
- Experience with Git is required.
- Working in Linux, or equivalent CLI on Mac or Windows is required.
- PHP development experience with modern frameworks such as Symfony
- Experience with Object-Oriented Technologies
- Knowledge of both XML and JSON
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Excellent organizational and development skills
- The initiative, leadership, and independent judgment
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent English language